Tuesday, August 14

lazy hazy days of summer

Going to the park can be stressful for me.
When it is just Lo and I she is insistent 
on my playing with her non-stop 
or else she would rather just sit down on the bench beside me.
BUT,
going to the park with cousins and gramma and aunts 
who rarely get to see the lady make it mucho more enjoyable.

Because I just got to sit there and laugh at the kids,
and make googly eyes at baby Drena,
and take photos of everyone's cuteness.


I didn't have to push her up and down on the teeter totter 
for 20  minutes in the 100 degree weather.
Aunt Traci took care of that.


I didn't have to entertain her while she had a snack break.
Tamar and Drena were glad to help out there.


See them running to the tree with a hole in it that was far away?
Again, I got to sit there and enjoy 
as opposed to frolicking and sweating.


That stream was straight up cold. 
And Lo wasn't quite coordinated enough to keep up 
with the big kids who were climbing in and out.
So she just chilled and threw rocks with Gramma and Henry.
While I sat in the shade and took photos.

The only time I had to play was when I wanted to.
And that meant spinning on some contraptions 
until I was so disoriented I nearly peed my pants:)

Call it lazy parenting, or taking advantage of your family.
But it won't change the fact that it was my best park day yet.

3 comments:

jess bahr said...

Priceless! I will admit that I have boycotted the park many times due to the hard work it takes. So glad you got a relaxing park day with your family...you deserve it!

Veena said...

I know exactly where that park is and it's one our favs. Love that red spinny seat. I'm glad you had a nice day with your fam.

The Full Nelson said...

I hear ya on the park situation...not my fav thing to do...making sure Clara doesn't fall from high places and that Karington's acrobatics don't lead to a trip to the Emerg. Ethan still doesn't feel like taking care of his younger sisters yet so alas the playground time seems to go backwards and I am always disappointed when what feels like an hour was really only 10 minutes.