Monday, November 15

absent

Please excuse the absence. 
Our house was celebrating the long Canadian holiday weekend
being sick, or teething, or taking care of people 
who were sick or teething. 

Unfortunately, this time I was not Florence Nightingale,
but I was lucky enough to play the part 
of the super annoyingly sick patient 
who could do next to nothing for herself for 6 days.

Cory will win an award in Heaven for being such a saint. 
I would have stopped taking care of me 
after 1 night of waking up next to someone
who has just sweat the bed. 
Right through the comforter and sheets and pillow.
G.R.O.S.S.
Yet he endured so much more.

And now let us all take a moment to sing, "what a man" 
by my favorite rappas, Salt n Peppa.
Please ignore the dirty connotations in the lyrics.





That is a foot not in its crib. Weird.


I am feeling much better today. 
Lo is still whiney, 
but that might have nothing to do with teething, 
and everything to do with the fact 
that she is my daughter and a one year old.
And Cory is probably psyched that he got
 to back to school today.




8 comments:

The Full Nelson said...

ugh sounds awful! Hope you and Lo are feeling better, and that Cory doesn't come down with it. I have some clothes out for Lo so let me know when you want them.

Jana said...

:( I'm so sorry you were sick. thank goodness for husbands. i can relate with the whiny baby - is it just territory of being a one-year-old?

Amy said...

Oh my gosh Wilson has been especially whiney too this week, what's up with them??? You know only being 2 days apart they must be going through the same exact things right?? Oh bless your heart, hang in there my sick little cuz..........glad you're feeling better!!

Traci said...

I am glad you are getting better. I am sorry Lo is whiney. Unfortunately it won't get any better. I am still waiting for Addi to out grow that one. Gotta love girls.

hels said...

that bug was awful glad you guys are over it. blah!

Jana said...

I will make you a header if you like even though I don't think you are inferior

StephanieRose said...

Suck that you have been sick. I am happy you are feeling better and Congrats to Cory for getting to go back to school. I miss your faces. Luff you.

Traci said...

Love the new header. Good job Janice :)