Tuesday, October 23

old fogey

I hit the big 2-7 yesterday.
All the days leading up to it I couldn't seem to get excited.
I felt this same way when I was pregnant with Lo and turned 24.
It must be pregnancy hormones or the fact that I am huge in the midsection 
so shopping for clothes is less fun than normal 
and what other gifts does a grown woman get if not clothing?

But you know what, it was a really great day.

We spent our afternoon with friends eating lunch and playing at the park.
Then when Cory got home from college I had a perfect family celebration.

Delicious dinner, tasty ice cream cake, a whole lotta reading 
and NOT a lick of cleaning.
Cory and Lo spoiled me rotten:)

All day Lo would get all excited and say,
'It's our birthday mom!'
So she had to help me with the candle blowing out and such. 

My favorite gift was the watch band Cory got me because my original was hammered.
Either that or the Belle pez dispenser from Lo...

And for posterity purposes,
this is what I looked like the day I turned old:)

p.s- when I am 27 and 10 weeks old, I am going to have a new baby.
HUH???
10 weeks until this little toots makes her grand entrance.
Nutso.


4 comments:

jess bahr said...

geez, you are still so young! And HOT I might add. Happy Birthday a little late. I can't wait for the next mini Trish to make her grand appearance!

Collin and Danny said...

Umm... you are darling! 30 weeks along already? That is crazy. You look amazing. And happy birthday! It sounds like it was a good day. xoxo

Weed Family said...

Glad you had a fun birthday, you deserve it! Bagels and the park were so fun. Are any leftovers of that cake?
xo

Traci said...

I think you did your math wrong because I am only 25.... Weird.
Glad you had a good birthday. I am still disgusted that it involved tuna fish. I guess you are still the stinky kid at lunch, but I love you:)