All I could remember about this weekend was that Cory spent all Saturday afternoon/evening watching college football
and then all afternoon/evening Sunday watching NFL games.
And I was mad.
I was mad because my house was messy on Saturday and I wanted it cleaned. I had a lesson to prepare for Relief Society and I was resenting Cory for getting to lounge while I felt so busy.
On Sunday I tried to make bread. Let's just say that this was my 2nd time trying this 'fool proof' recipe and I really must be the biggest fool because I screwed it up both times. When Cory saw it, he laughed. My pregnant feelings got hurt and I stormed upstairs to pout.
So by the time Lo went to bed I told him I wanted to watch TV.
Since I am so mature I said that I was going to watch something he didn't like so he would know how I felt all weekend. I settled on Keeping up with the Kardashians. He offered to watch a movie with me or a show we both liked and I was just so stubborn I refused to spend time with him. You know, a taste of his own medicine.
Now that I think about this weekend I feel like a real buttface.
Because what I didn't take into account was the fact that he had watched Lo on Thurs and Fri night while I went out. He went yard sale-ing with me on Saturday morning. He helped me put up some new shelves in the living room. Took Lo on like 5 bug hunts. Filled the car up with gas in the pooring rain so I could go to a dr.s appt. He rides his bike or takes the bus to school everyday so that Lo and I aren't stuck at home carless. He made lunch on Sunday after church. And watched Lo so that I could have a nap that afternoon.
So yeah. There is nothing like being a stubborn dootyhead to make you realize that you should probably say sorry to your husband and watch an illegally downloaded movie in bed with him instead of feeling bad for yourself. Cause really he is pretty great.
out on one of their bug-hunts.

5 comments:
love this trish. thanks for sharing (and using the word dootyhead, haha).
Sometimes I stink at commenting on things I should comment on- so I have a list of things I would like to share.
1. I love Lo's eyes. Ethan would love nothing more than having a little girl with her eyes.
2. I love that Lo loves to critter hunt and yet hates spiders... I am not sure she can get any cuter with those red boots.
3. Can I come to your next rainy day party?
4. Please put berry picking on my list of activities when I finally make the trek to NS. It looks heavenly.
5. We are all dootyheads sometimes. Cory is fabulous and so are you. You have always been two of my favorites. And Lo just seals the deal that you will always be my favorites.
6. I seriously miss you lady. I am flying up to see Heather and meet Roderick this weekend. I will give him lots of loves from you.
7. Oy with the poodles!
8. Love you lots! xoxoxo
Only you can write something like this and have me cracking up!! So funny!! You are hilarious!
Honestly, I'm just glad I'm not the only one who gets feeling this way, only to realize that I'm being lame :)
Post a Comment