Tuesday, March 27

things


Things that have been happening over here.
I give you...a list.

1. It was 85 degrees last week. Apparently we skipped spring, went straight to summer, and now we are back to a snowing winter.
But for one glorious day, it was hot.

2. A man asked for Cory's 'John Henry' on a piece of paper.
I nearly died. Apparently when you don't live in America, people still try and use common phrases such as 'John Hancock' but since they have no historical reference they botch it. And it makes us laugh so hard in the car on the way home that we almost need to pull over.

3. This is very very important.
Hels and I went and saw Hunger Games on the 23rd at 12:15 AM. Sadly no one else was cra-cee enough to come with us.
Let's just say I loved it and cried at least 4 times before they even got in the arena. 
Also I kept getting so happy and excited that I wanted to hold Traci's hand so I would make a move for it, and then I would realize that she wasn't there and as much as Hels loves me, hand holding may have freaked her out. a lot. 

4. Lo is my best little friend. 
But lately she has been pushing her boundaries and I am in noway used to it. This is the kid who won't go further than 15 feet from me without running back. And now I have horror stories of her running off and into roads and parking lots that make my heart fall into my butt. 
And she has been spitting a lot. 
I don't love spitting.

5. On a happier note, she is currently in her crib singing twinkle twinkle like it is a round. She is on her 4th time through without stopping.

6. Some weeks we eat all of our bananas in a matter of days. 
Some weeks we only eat 2. So the others go brown. 
On those weeks we try to get Cory to make us banana bread.
Yesterday we were successful and to let you know how good it was,
it's gone. Almost. We left him one last piece. 

7. Parenthood and Pretty Little Liars are over for this season.
I feel like a little chunk of my life has died. 

8. I was supposed to give a talk in church on the 18th. But they put me in the program for the 11th. Let's just say I didn't have a talk and we were late to church and people in my ward probably think I am amazing for totally skipping out on my talk.
However, I did luck out and never ended up having to give one at all. 
For now:)


6 comments:

StephanieRose said...

oh how I love your things. And for the record- I talk to your blog often. My number ends is 3635...so I hope to hear from you soon! I wish I could have watched Hunger Games with you because I am not sure Ethan appreciated my sweaty palms- even though I knew what was going to happen. Also, great work on getting out of your talk! I need that Lo in my life, like now. Please and Thank you. xoxoxo

Traci said...

You always make me giggle... Oh that John Henry. He was John Hancock's second cousin. Not quite as famous but I think he signed his name on a piece of paper one time also.
And when you come to Utah this summer we shall see Hunger Games again and freely cry and hold hands the whole time. I will look forward to it.

Karen Murray said...

I want my baby now! I love her and seeing cute pictures makes me want to inhale her. I'll try not to offend her next time we talk:)

jess bahr said...

Loved all these things - most especially that darling picture of you two at the top! You are seriously too cute! Also, I can always count on your blog for a little pick me up - you didn't disappoint when I read about your heart falling into your butt. I heart you.

Jana said...

1. My body aches for heat. It's cold and foggy here. boo.
2. Sometimes I forget you live in Canada. Probably because I like to pretend you're my next door neighbor.
3. We would have held hands.
4. Pushing boundaries makes her a real live 2 year old. The other day I ventured out for my second (seriously only second) time since having both kids home and Lily took off down the street. I had the carrier in one arm and couldn't chase after her. So I had to evaluate... Will someone take my carrier if I leave it here? How fast can I run? Where is the nearest parking lot that may have a car coming out to hit Lily? Then I took off running. Grabbed that little girl and luckily no one stole my 1 month old. Lily got in big trouble and now anytime we're going anywhere repeats "no running away from mommy."
5. Wish the girls could sing twinkle twinkle in a round together. It's lily's choice of going to bed song as well.
6. Our bananas just got thrown out. Now our house is infested with fruit flies.
7. I bawled during the last couple episodes of Parenthood. probably because I was watching them while in the hospital about to have my own little human.
8. I gave a talk 3 years ago in our ward. There are so many new people coming and going that I think I'll probably be able to avoid ever doing it again. Knock on wood.

Amy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you call Lo your best little friend, I call Mya my "little Best friend!" They truly become your little buddy huh? You guys are super darling, miss the heck out of you and can't wait to see you this summer!!! You're coming to the reunion right/???