Sunday, January 16

Her Native American Name

Girl-who-won't-walk

Seriously though, what is going on?
You betya she is over 14 months and still
will not walk on her own.
I have seen glimmers of hope with her standing on her own 
and taking a few steps here and there.
But they are fleeting moments.
She will take an extra 3 minutes 
getting to the other side of the room 
because she chooses to keep one hand 
on furniture at all times. 
Thus disregarding the general rule 
that the shortest distance from one point to another 
is a straight line. 
No no, in her case it is an L shape.
I keep telling her that her quality of life 
would be greatly improved if she started walking. 
She just doesn't understand or something.
But give her that freakin hippo or walker toy 
and she struts back and forth for hours.




I am telling you it's a lucky thing that she is so dang cute,
otherwise I might be tempted 
to trade her in for a newer model.

I kid, I kid.


9 comments:

The Full Nelson said...

Ethan was the same way...I think he was 15 months before he'd walk without holding onto someone or something

Jen said...

Don't get too anxious. Once they walk, they run...and it's usually away from you. ;)

Traci said...

I will take the old model. You know my address. Send her my way.

Don't worry. Give it a week and she will be running and your way of life will change completely.

Leslie said...

If she walking along furniture and with the walking toys, she is close. Just give her time!

Jana said...

one day they don't walk and the next they do - i'm not sure what clicks, but once they figure it out they'll never crawl again! and then give it a week and they're running. she's so close! give it a month!

Rob and Kat said...

a. YAY! I'm glad you found me!! This is the best part of my day.
b. I just saw your hair cut... and OH MY GOSH. I LOVE IT! You are so brave for chopping it, and your bravery has paid off. Seriously cute.
c. your baby girl is so cute. i like her new name. ;)
xoxo

Adam and Sarah said...

HER quality of life might improve if she starts walking, but yours won't necessarily. Enjoy it while you can. :)

Joe and Aubrey said...

Hey Tricia, how are you? I found you on Brooke's blog so I thought I'd say hi :) Your little girl is adorable and I love love love the new haircut!!!

Karlee and Micah said...

Ah, walking is overrated. She is darling, I miss you, and I so want to squish her!