Tuesday, January 10

twentytwelve

I have pretty much spent every New Year's Eve at my parent's house 
since Cory got home from his mission. 
I am not a huge New Years enthusiast.
No partying like a rockstar for me.
But if I can have one more excuse to hang out with my family 
and kiss Cory on the mouth,
then I suppose it is a holiday that must be celebrated.

This year was fun because Lo got to celebrate with the Zimms 
and she loved it.
We might have let the wee ones celebrate at about 8. 
And then sent them to bed by 9.
We are par-tay animals.

There was some serious dancing, singing, and dressing up 
going on at the pre-party in the 710B.


Next we went outside and banged our pots and pans.
Mom was in charge of the lighting station for the sparklers.
Dad was in charge of being a silly Papa.
And Traci and I were on camera duty.
The husbands got to make sure no one started on fire:)


Cookie decorating was awesome.
It was made more awesome for Lo, Addi, and Dallin 
when Lo dumped the jar of sprinkles out.
But less awesome for me thinking about cleaning them up.
They thought the sprinkles should be thrown in the air like confetti,
and eaten by the handful, 
and unfortunatley at one point, licked off the ground. 
Eew.


After kids were down we spent the night playing rumikube, 
eating lots of food, 
fantasy shopping for homes in South Carolina,
and for the men, watching sports.
To end the night, I kissed Cory and was in bed by 12:30.
I know, I am craycray.


Hippity hoppity New Year and a delightful twentytwelve
to you!

3 comments:

Amy said...

So sad I didn't see you!!! My bad......NExt time for sure. Miss you!

jess bahr said...

Ok, Lo looks like she is growing right up in these pics! What a little cutie muffin! Also, I love the last pic of you and Cory in glasses - HOTT! I love you guys!

Rob and Kat said...

i love that last picture of you guys. you kind of are matching! :) we were in bed by 12:30 too... no shame in that. ;) glad you had a fun time!! happy new year, pretty girl. xoxo