Monday, January 9

Back, back, back it up

I must back this blog up about a month.
December was dreamy, 
minus Cory's finals.
Lots of Christmas-ing and a swonderful trip to Utah,
or Whotah if you are Loreli.

This year we weren't planning on traveling,
but instead having our first Scotia styled Christmas.
Then mama Karen surprised us with 3 plane tickets to America.
I really didn't know how badly I wanted to go home,
until I found out I would be there 4 weeks later.

So since we were planning festivities and traditions of our own,
we still followed through on the majority of them before we flew out on the 19th.

 Our days included but were not limited to,
parties, tree chopping, tree decorating, lots of candycane and treat eating, our bomb Christmas mix that was ever blaring from the ipod, dressing in holiday themed jammies, making a big bed in the living room and watching movies, playdates with friends, pillows dressed in Christmas cases, white chocolate candycane popcorn, wrapping gifts, trying new hot chocolate recipes, and having what we called a Murray Christmas the Saturday before we left. 
It was great practice for the real thing a week later:)


 

Our trip to Utah was just what I needed. 
Lots of family, lots of laughing, 
lots of family dance parties, and lots of movie watching.
I got to see some of my best friends and go to my cousin's wedding.
But we could have done without the sickness 
that seems to punch Lo in the face whenever we get there. 
Overall, she was a trooper the whole time.

However, now she can't seem to wake up before noon.
That 3 hour time difference did a number on her schedule.
Or she is just so bored at home without any cousins to play with 
that she would rather sleep.

No comments: