Winter is finally upon us here in Halifax.
It has been frigid all week and then this morning,
BAM,
it was here.
And the snow just fell all.day.long.
But that didn't stop us from having a wonderful day.
We got to play with the Farlands all morning
and eat Helene's 'test run' pie.
Then build a mini snowman.
Good thing I had a carrot on hand
or that little guy would have been more pitiful than he already was.
I got to drink hot cocoa out of my new mug
and watch Harry Potter whilst the little sweetie napped.
Then decorate some more for Christmas.
Let me tell you,
it's lucky I waited this long since Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in October.
And I feel that after I eat that turkey
I have every right to get my Christmas on.
Yet somehow, I lasted until mid November.
That is self control.
And when Cory got home the two of them played in the snow
and the wind nearly burned Lo's cheeks,
but I am the one who got to warm her chilled bod up afterwards.
I think I got the better end of the deal.
Overall, I think our first snow day was a total success.
Here's to hoping the rest of them turn out at least half as great.




6 comments:
there's always something magical about that first snow day. Looks like you had the perfect day with your adorable little lo - I would gladly warm her up anyday! Oh, and i LOVE your cute decorations. You are so classy.
Oh Tricia! You guys are cuuute! I love that first picture. You make the first snow look even more delightful :) Hope it isn't like that in January when I fly home though.
oh my goodness! I can't believe how much snow you have! Today, on Thanksgiving it was 75 degrees! The snow there is so pretty. It hardly ever snows here, and I never thought I would say this, but I think I will miss Nova Scotia's snow a little this year :)
snnnoooowwww! i wish i were there drinking hot chocolate with you. i didn't even wait until after thanksgiving to put up some christmas... proud of you, girl!
Wowzers that's a lot of snow up there in them parts, ha ha! How FREAKING DARLING are your family pics, I'm DYING!!!!!! You are gorgeous girl and the background (boat harbor) AMAZING!!! Your friend/photographer is PERFECT, lucky girl to have such beautiful family pics. My fav is that she caught so many cute little faces of Lo.........to DIE FOR!!! Can't wait to see one on a Christmas Card, right??? Love you guys!
holy smokes!! snow!!! this weekend i was thinking, "I'm so grateful we don't have snow yet" but i'm sure we're not far behind you. at least a.) it looks pretty, and b.) you got enough to actually put it to good use, aka build snow men and all the other cute things you guys did. enjoy!! xoxo
Post a Comment