Saturday, October 2

Janice


Once upon a time on an island called Hawaii there was a girl in an orange sweatshirt (why was she wearing a sweatshirt in endless summer?) named Tricia. She was introduced to another girl, with a great smile and beautiful wavy sun bleached hair named Jana, who told the other girl she liked her sweatshirt. Only a day or so later these same two girls were at a mutual friend's apartment. The pretty one approached the other girl, who this time was wearing the same style sweatshirt but in grey with flowers (again, why a sweatshirt?), a nasty ponytail and glasses. Pretty girl said to nasty ponytail girl, "I really like your sweatshirt. I met a girl the other day who had on an orange one just like it." 
It was at this point in the story that nasty ponytail girl thought whether or not she should correct the nice pretty girl or just let it slide considering that p-tail girl would rather pretty girl's first impression be a little less greasy. "That was me Jana. I just look different with glasses and the first time we met I had showered". Laughter was exchanged and nasty p-tail girl found she enjoyed this nice girl. That was the beginning of a delightful friendship.

Jana is straight up lovely in every way imaginable. If you don't believe me just look at her blog, her house, and her little family (mostly Lily, but Joe is handsome too). I think to myself at least once a week that I want to be like her when I grow up.  So when she nominated me for the Lovely Blog Award I must admit that I felt quite honored. Thank you so much Jana!





Here are the rules of the Lovely Blog Award:

1. Accept the award and post it on your blog with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her blog link.
2. Pay it forward to 10 other bloggers that you have recently discovered.
3. Contact those blog owners and let them know they have been chosen.


And so, to pass on the love I would like to nominate ten Canadian homies for the Lovely Blog Award.

1. Jo at Taylorville
2. Sonja at The Full Nelson 
3. Tanya at Keeping it Real
4. Melese at The Sorensens
5. Karlie at Whtieout
6. Helene at Scotia Kings
7. Carolyn at Griffin Family
8. Sarah at The Thompsons
10. apparently I only know 9 friends in this new country.

1 comment:

Jana said...

i LOVE that story :) and had kind of forgotten - but LAUGHED out loud (joe is watching iron man and wondered what the heck was so funny) when I read it :) I'm so glad we became friends! Someday our handsome husbands will go into practice together and our cute baby girls will be bestest friends in cute sweatshirts.